Medical Rescue International
DEDICATED MEDICAL RESCUE INTERNATIONAL
Our 24 hour Control Centre provides a comprehensive service on international medical rescue:
A MEDICAL RESCUE INTERNATIONAL TURN KEY OPERATION
- Investigation, assessment and advice in cases of accident or sudden illness overseas
- Medical advice by our Company Doctor, with access to specialists in the relevant field of medicine.
- Electing the aircraft appropriate to the patient's medical needs and the flying time involved.
- Comprehensive aviation medical equipment.
- Medical teams appropriate to the patient's condition.
- Scheduling medical teams, air ambulances and arranging medical referral at receiving hospital.
- Liaison with client throughout.
- All aspects of the client, care and transportation are properly insured.
Air ambulance evacuation is an extremely intricate and complex matter and is not always the answer.
It is sometimes neither in the medical interest of the patient nor within the financial resource of the individual having to pay the bill. Financial pressures, however, must be resisted and all decisions taken on medical grounds, otherwise an unnecessary element of risk is introduced.
Hasty and badly organised air ambulance evacuations for international medical rescue could result in costly and ill coordinated exercises to the detriment of the patient and family.
Whilst the need for air ambulance repatriation does exist, it should not be the automatic and precipitated response in every case where a person has been injured or taken seriously ill in a remote area. This particularly applies to the patient who, having undergone a prescribed course of treatment for a week or so, could then by repatriated by scheduled airline service without undue risk.
Alternatively, time and money are wasted if the medical team arrive only to find that the patient's condition prohibits air travel altogether. Good communication from the outset will save a considerable amount of time, expense and distress.
Heathrow's Medical Rescue International is an experienced emergency service which can best determine the appropriate action that is required in the event of a medical emergency occurring overseas.